Moonbeam Is Now Live on Polkadot Network

After a successful launch, Moonbeam, the first fully-fledged smart contract platform on the Polkadot network, became the first project to deploy on the platform of Polkadot. Its presence and activity will bring a level of excitement to the already robust ecosystem. The Moonbeam launch process started on December 17. Some of the new features included a self-verifying system, block production, and decentralization. During this period, the number of collators was increased to 48, and balance transfers were enabled.

Moonbeam

Moonbeam started with a crowdfunding campaign organized by the Moonbeam Foundation. During the campaign, over 200,000 supporters contributed over 35M DOT. The rewards on crowdloan were distributed based on the percentage of their total contributions, they were 30% of rewards in total, they were distributed to the participants. The other 70%, which is vesting linearly over 96 weeks. Since the rental period started on December 17, 2021, there are more than three weeks of vested GLMT tokens that can be claimed by contributors.

Anthony Gonzales

Biotech, Tech, and Crypto reporter Anthony Gonzales brings 3 years of experience in helping grassroots, mid-sized organizations and large institutions strengthen their management and resource generating capacities and effectively plan for the future. He is also a mentor and professional advisor to artists working in all disciplines. He is the gold medalist from St. Marco University of Science and Technology in the Bachelors of Financial Management as well.

Anthony Gonzales has 1700 posts and counting. See all posts by Anthony Gonzales