Most iconic convertible 2-in-1 ultrabook Lenovo Yoga 14s and 15s Slim models are getting huge raw performance hardware upgrade from AMD APUs as per previous leaks about Ryzen 4000 U version laptops. According to latest leaks in Weibo, official launch date is confirmed on May 16 available for public order in Asia. Specs wise, these two convertible ultrabooks are way faster than anyone expected due to CPU and GPU upgrades received from AMD Ryzen 7 4800U with Radeon Vega 8 CUs Graphics and Ryzen 5 4600U with Radeon 6 CUs Graphics.
The detailed full specs of Ryzen 4000 based Lenovo Yoga 14s/15s Slim Laptops:
- CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 4800U 8 Core 16 Thread 1.8GHz-4.2GHz Boost Frequency or Ryzen 5 4600U 6 Core 12 Thread 2.1GHz-4.0GHz Boost Frequency
- GPU: AMD Radeon Graphics Vega 8 CUs for Ryzen 7 or Radeon Graphics Vega 6 CUs for Ryzen 5
- Display: 14″ or 15.6″ IPS 1920×1080 resolution with 100% sRGB, 300nits Brightness, enhanced by Dolby Vision Technology
- Memory (RAM): 16GB/12GB/8GB LPDDR4X 4266MHz effective speed
- Storage: Up to 512GB PCIe 3.0 NVMe TLC NAND SSD
- Connectivity: Intel AX200 WiFi 6 and Bluetooth 5.0
- TDP Rating: 27W or 28W
- Speakers: 2x2W Dolby Atom
- Battery: 60.7Wh Up to 14 Hours at FHD; 11 Hours at UHD
- I/O Ports: 2x USB-A 3.2 Gen1, 1x Type-C USB 3.2 Gen2 also as Display Port (DP 1.4) + Power Delivery (PD 3.0) Function, 1x USB Type-C for only PD 3.0, 1x Audio Jack, 1x HDMI 2.0 and 1x Micro SD card slot
- Charger: 65W USB-C Power Delivery (PD) Port
- Keyboard: Dual Pointing CS18 with Backlight LED
- Weight: 2.49lbs or 1.12kg
In most popular Cinebench R20 benchmark tool, Ryzen 7 4800U is enhanced by Lenovo Yoga proprietary cooling system, thus, it gets extra performance score points up to 3573 in multicore and 483 in single thread at 27W TDP settings. At 15W settings Ryzen 7 4800U is 34.42% slower performance in order to save battery life. Amazingly, Ryzen 7 4800U beats Ryzen 7 4700U by 5% in sincle core and 20% in multicore performance metrics at 15W TDP level.
Looking at comparison charts of Cinebench R20, you may draw general picture of overall ultrathin laptop performance ratings list. Eventually, 7nm based Renoir Ryzen 7 4800U defeats high powered expensive Intel Core i9-9880H at 27W by scoring extra 68 points and totally dominates Core i7-9750H with a score of 2658 points at 15W. In real world situation, these scores translate into effective raw performance characteristics in terms of 3D rendering, video/image editing and latest triple A gaming such as Assassin’s Creed Odyssey and Doom Eternal.